- expand the Desktop Settings applet to support more settings that users may need.
- Snap to grids, snap to screen edge, snap to adjacent window edge
George Peter Staplin July 2006:
- I think we need at least one theme with the images that David McClamrock wanted from IceWM for the titlebar. I'm not sure how many people have done custom titlebars, but it should be very easy for most, seeing as you can do it interactively or from a ~/.whim_config.
- An about dialog that displays the revision of megapkg that was used to build the Whim starkit. (Steve's idea) I think we should also list the developer names. Should it be Exit, Restart, About, Console? in the desktop controls?
- A keyboard widget builtin to Whim. We have the start of this, but it needs some refinement. The eventgen.so extension works fine for this, and is small enough to include in an embedded Whim.
Steve Redler IV: Ideas generated on the Tclers wiki which would allow new users to have a smoother transition to Whim:
- left-click-anywhere-on-edge-of-window-and-drag procedure (option)
(back to Steve Redler IV): Some of my ideas on features I'm interested in implementing myself:
- a dockable systray for applets to interact with
- rework my start menu to be viable for others to use
- an applet to manage desktop icons that would interact with my file manager
- create a gdm replacement in tk
- a titlebar button to popup the menu
- A fully configurable cascading right-click menu, tile enabled (in progress).
- The capability to have a window present on all desktops (as an option on the titlebar menu) .
Works in progress:
- megapkg JPEG reading works great and seems faster than Img
- finish the PNG writer, so that we can avoid the use of import for screenshots. (Note: this now works, and megaimagetk has some code for grabing the image data from the display.)
Feel free to join in the fun, by sending patches or new design ideas.
"All new features must be approved by the Whim Steering Committee" (wink) ;)